- McNaughton, J., Crick, T., Joyce-Gibbons, A., Beauchamp, G., Young, N. and Tan, E. (2017) Facilitating Collaborative Learning Between Two Primary Schools Using Large Multi-Touch Devices, Journal of Computers in Education, Vol 4(3), pp. 307–320.
- Joyce-Gibbons, A., McNaughton, J., Tan, E., Young, N., Beauchamp, G. and Crick, T. (2017), SynergyNet into schools: facilitating remote inter-group collaborative learning using multi-touch tables, CSCL 2017: 12th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning: Making a Difference – Prioritizing Equity and Access in CSCL, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 21 June 2017.
- Young, N., McNaughton, J., Crick, T., Joyce-Gibbons, A., Beauchamp, G. and Tan, E. (2017) Facilitating Remote Inter-Group Collaborative Learning Using Multi-touch Tables – pedagogy and practice. British Educational Studies Association (BESA) conference, Liverpool Hope University, 29th June 2017
- Mercier E., McNaughton, J. & S. Higgins. (2014) Tools for Classroom Orchestration: Teacher Perspectives, Advanced Technologies for Learning Poster Session, AERA Annual Meeting
- Mercier, E., McNaughton, J., Higgins, S. & Burd, E. (2012), Orchestrating Learning in the Multi-touch Classroom: Developing Appropriate Tools, in van Aalst, J., Thompson, K., Jacobson, M.J. & Reimann, P. (2012) Interactive surfaces and spaces: A learning sciences agenda. 10th International Conference of the Learning Sciences: The Future of Learning, ICLS 2012 – Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 78-85.
- Mercier, E., Higgins, S., Burd, E. & McNaughton, J. (2012) ITS in the Classroom: Perspectives on Using a Multi-touch Classroom, ITS 2012 – Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, pp. 375-378.
- McNaughton, J. (2011) Adapting Multi-touch Systems to Capitalise on Different Display Shapes, Masters dissertation, Durham University.