- G. Beauchamp, A. Joyce-Gibbons, J. McNaughton, N. Young and T. Crick. Exploring synchronous, remote collaborative interaction between learners using multi‐touch tables and video conferencing in UK primary schools. British Journal of Educational Technology, 2019.
- J. McNaughton, T. Crick and S. P. Smith. Resolving Display Shape Dependence Issues on Tabletops. Computational Visual Media, 2018
- A. Joyce-Gibbons, T. Crick, G. Beauchamp, J. McNaughton and N. Young. Exploring remote synchronous, collaborative interaction between learners using multi-touch tables and Skype. British Education Research Association (BERA) Conference, 2018
- J. McNaughton, T. Crick and A. Hatch. Determining Device Position through Minimal User Input. Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 37, 2017
- N. Young, J. McNaughton, T. Crick, A. Joyce-Gibbons, G. Beauchamp, and E. Tan. Facilitating Remote Inter-Group Collaborative Learning Using Multi-touch Tables – Pedagogy and Practice. British Educational Studies Association (BESA) Conference, 2017
- A. Joyce-Gibbons, J. McNaughton, N. Young, G. Beauchamp, and T. Crick. SynergyNet into Schools: Facilitating Remote Inter-Group Collaborative Learning Using Multi-touch Tables. Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Computer Support Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2017)
- J. McNaughton, T. Crick, A. Joyce-Gibbons, G. Beauchamp, N. Young, and E. Tan. Facilitating Collaborative Learning Between Two Primary Schools Using Large Multi-Touch Devices. Journal of Computers in Education, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 307–320, 2017
- Mercier, E., McNaughton, J., & Higgins, S. (2014). Tools for Classroom Orchestration: Teacher Perspectives. In Poster session presented at. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Mercier, E., McNaughton, J., Higgins, S., & Burd, E. (2012). Orchestrating Learning in the Multi-touch Classroom: Developing Appropriate Tools. In Proceedings of. University of Sydney, Australia.
- Mercier, E., Higgins, S., Burd, E., & McNaughton, J. (2012). ITS in the Classroom: Perspectives on Using a Multi-touch Classroom (pp. 375–378). New York, NY, USA: ACM.
- McNaughton, J. (2011). Adapting Multi-touch Systems to Capitalise on Different Display Shapes (Masters). Durham University.