As part of my on-going efforts to publish some of my older research I have gotten round to producing a paper on my work to produce a simple dynamic method to adapt content to different tabletop display shapes. The paper details how the technique work, specifically how it resolves the initial issues encountered fitting the content to a new display shape then how it attempts to make the most of the new display. Also detailed in the paper is a study assessing how the technique performs with some tabletop apps and a discussion on where the technique could be useful in the future.
SynergyNet, the multi-touch framework built to support applications intended for classroom use, has had an update. As part of the recent move to the new repository, the code for SynergyNet 3.1 has been made available. While it may not appear that different to SynergyNet 3, the new version offers an improved experience for developers.
The SynergyNet project may be over but it legacy lives on as the SynergyNet framework is still finding uses. One such use is as the centre of an interactive exhibit at Bede’s World, a museum in the North East of England where the framework is now being used to provide an app used at the centre of an interactive exhibit.
In this previous post I mentioned that we at TEL in Durham had been running some studies using the Kinect with SynergyNet. Though data analysis is still being carried out on the results I’ve decided to provide some details on the system, its working and its capabilities, in addition to some of the initial findings.